The SMC Business Model is our definitive yet always evolving and improving multi-year plan consisting of very explicit and interrelated goals that drive Ucore’s day-to-day decisions based on the following salient objectives:
- Continue to support the commercial development, demonstration, and deployment of IMC’s RapidSX™ REE separation technology platform.
- Continue business and engineering development efforts towards the construction of the first SMC by H2-2024.
- Continue to explore North American economic incentive packages in pursuit of government support for the construction of the first SMC.
- Continue to secure multiple upstream feedstock and downstream offtake agreements for the SMCs.
- Continue to pursue downstream REE metal, alloy, and magnet maker strategic relationships.
- Continue to work with Louisiana Economic Development towards a first mover Louisiana SMC.
- Continue to strengthen our relationships with LA. State, Federal and Parish governing bodies.
- Continue with exploration, engineering, and business development work for the Bokan Project in preparation for a planned feasibility study.
With the Ultimate Goal of Fostering an Independent American REE Supply Chain
Comprised of three primary initiatives:
Securing multiple US-friendly REE feedstock sources for the SMCs; on a longer-term basis and in parallel, continuing to advance the prospective HREE mine at the Bokan Project toward a feasibility study and project permitting;
Developing several strategically located SMC HREE & LREE separation plants throughout Alaska, Canada and the United States utilizing IMC’s proprietary RapidSX™ critical metals separation technology platform;
North American market development and cultivation of the tiered supplier and customer base for REE products in the Western World, disrupting China’s dominance.
The Strategic Metals Complexes (SMCs)
Ucore has a Series of SMC’s Planned for North America
2,000 tpa/5,000 tpa TREO HREE & LREE Separation & Purification Facilities to Produce REOs
- Founded on state-of-the-art RapidSX™ separation technology with a common engineering platform
- Rapidly expandable to 5,000 tpa TREO (ex-cerium and ex-yttrium)
- Three US-friendly feedstocks agreements in-place
- Multiple developing offtake arrangements
- SMC No. 1 will be built within an existing “brownfield” investment facility