Ucore Uranium Inc. Sponsors Canadian Uranium Symposium April 2-3
(Vancouver, BC) Ucore Uranium Inc. (TSX.V: UCU) is pleased to announce its sponsorship of The Canadian Institute’s Canadian Uranium Symposium April 2-3, 2008, at the Four Seasons Hotel in Vancouver. Ucore President & CEO, Jim McKenzie, will serve as Chair and Moderator of this groundbreaking event, which will examine the current “Nuclear Renaissance,” providing investors and analysts with a firsthand look at the highly active uranium market.
Canada is the world’s leading producer of uranium, providing nearly one third of global output. This forum provides a clear opportunity to investors, developers, explorers and producers to meet with key industry influencers and decision makers.
The Canadian Uranium Symposium will bring together uranium players from across North America in a single forum, providing highlights which include:
- An examination of geo-political concerns impacting Uranium trade restrictions and global market interventions
- Assessing the significant concepts and characteristics of Uranium metallurgy so you can get up to speed on the fundamentals
- Examining and understanding the significant role of the secondary Uranium supply
- Exploring the nuclear regulatory framework in Canada under the Nuclear Safety and Control Act (NSCA)
- Uncovering licensing time frames for a mine or mill in Canada
- Learning about the duty to consult and the importance of getting support from Aboriginal communities
Speakers at this event will include:
- The Honourable Bill Boyd – Minister of Energy and Resources, Saskatchewan
- Ronald Hagen – Office of Nuclear Energy, US Department of Energy
- Dr. Philip Jardine – Physicist, Environmental Sciences Division, Oak Ridge National Laboratory
- Gabrielle MacKenzie Scott – Chair, MacKenzie Valley Environmental Impact Review Board
- Robert Kidd – Director, Air and Land, Environmental Protection Branch, Saskatchewan Government
- Dr. Gene Clark – CEO, Tradetech
- Crae Garrett – Partner, MacLeod Dixon LLP
- Rick Jacobi – Jacobi Consulting
- Robert Laboucane – President, Ripple Effects Ltd.
- Kevin Scissons – Director, Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission
- Gord Davidson – VPEx, Bayswater Uranium Corp.
- James McKenzie – President, CEO, Chairman, Ucore Uranium Inc.
- Alan Shefsky – President & CEO, Pele Mountan Resources Inc.
Those who wish to register for the symposium should call 1-877-927-7936 or 416-927-7936 in Toronto. Visit https://www.canadianinstitute.com/mining/uranium.htm for more information.
About the Canadian Institute
Headquartered in Toronto, The Canadian Institute has grown over the past 20 years to produce over 180 events a year, attended by thousands of senior delegates from across the country. The institute is staffed by industry specialists, lawyers and other professionals and operates as a think tank, monitoring trends and developments in all major industry sectors, the law, and public policy, with a view to providing information on the leading edge.
About Ucore Uranium
Ucore Uranium Inc. is a junior exploration company focused on establishing uranium resources through exploration and property acquisition. With more than twenty active projects, Ucore’s primary focus is the Bokan Mountain uranium and rare earth element property in Alaska. Ucore owns a 100% interest in 238 claims at Bokan Mountain, and has the option to purchase a 100% interest in an additional 92 claims.
The Toronto Venture Exchange has neither approved nor disapproved of the content of this release.